Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Oregon Coast

Mt Hood from our window



Little fairy houses in the forest

The drive across the bridge to Washington State

North Head Lighthouse



Cape Disappointment Lighthouse

Cape Disappointment
As soon as we saw Mt Hood covered in snow from our aircraft window, I knew it would be a great trip. Nothing is better than seeing snow in June when you live in Arizona. It was also lovely to see so much water.  Being on the bridge to Washington brought back memories of going to Lake Erie, (Cedar Point) when I was young.  The first sight and smell of the water is an instant mood elevator.  The crashing waves, the lighthouses, cool breezes...  I am not sure why the Coast Guard station is named Cape Disappointment, but I can tell you, I was not disappointed!

1 comment:

ginny said...

I must go there soon. I simply must!